The Paterson Alliance was founded in 1998 by five nonprofit agencies in the City of Paterson, who came together understanding that collectively the Paterson Nonprofit community needed to set an agenda that would advance the quality of life in the City. Today these five members have grown to more than 80 members. The Paterson Alliance is a member-led and member-engaged organization. The Paterson Alliance actively solicits members of the Paterson nonprofit community, to join the Alliance.
The Paterson Alliance’s mission is to advance the quality of life in the City of Paterson through the creation of community partnerships and collaborations.
What Do We Do-
- Promotes networking opportunities among Paterson nonprofits to help them stay informed about each other’s services and concerns.
- Fosters communication among Paterson nonprofit organizations.
- Facilitates collaborative projects among Paterson nonprofits and with other sectors.
- Builds capacity through a self-help model for the Paterson nonprofit community.
- We do not compete with our member organizations; we operate in collaboration with our members to leverage programmatic, community and funding opportunities.
- Serves as a trusted and impartial source of information and resources for the nonprofit community and its supporters.
- Advocates on behalf of the nonprofit community.
- Represents the diversity of nonprofit organizations in the community.
- Communicates effectively with the public about the needs and issues of nonprofits.