The Paterson Alliance is committed to making sure our members have the information they need to serve their constituents and grow as an organization. The list below contains links to information on Funding, Government agencies, Job Resources and more.
Paterson Alliance members are in the forefront providing assistance and resources to families in Paterson and Passaic County during the COVID-19 Crisis. Thank you for all you Do!
- 4CS of Passaic County, Inc. - General Info - COVID-19 Parent Resources - COVID-19 Child Care Providers Resources
- American Red Cross - Plasma Donations from Recovered COVID-19 Patients
- Bangladeshi American Women's Development Initiative (BAWDI) - Providing COVID-19 Assistance to Paterson's Bangladeshi American Community Google Contact Form
- Boys and Girls Club of Paterson and Passaic - BGCPP at Home - At Home Activities For Kids - Food Distribution - Community Resources
- CUMAC - Food Distribution and COVID-19 Response
- Eva's Village - Community Kitchen - Meals to Go Recovery Support
- Family Intervention Services - Mental Health Issues - Call TeleHealth for appointment 973-747-5334 Mobile Response Unit 844-652-7624
- Greater Bergen Community Action - COVID-19 Resource Page
- Madison Avenue Crossroads Community Ministries, Inc - Food Pantry 973-278-5627
- New Destiny Family Success Center - Services Available by appointment only - Call 973-- 278-0220 Food Distribution and Support Services
- Oasis - A Haven for Women and Children - Distributing grab and go meals, emergency food packages and baby needs
- Palestinian American Community Center (PACC) - Food distribution Virtual Programming Telephone Assistance 973-245-6145
- Passaic County Casa For Children - COVID-19 Resource Overview - Food Resources - Medical Resources - Educational - Report Child Abuse or Domestic Violence
- Paterson Task Force For Community Action - Free Produce Market Tuesdays from 10am-1pm onsite registration will be required Call (973) 279-2334 for details.
- SAX, LLP - Webinars - Registration required SBA Loan Incentives Webinar 4/6/2020 Tax Provisions & Incentives Webinar 4/8/2020 COVID-19 Recovery for Nonprofits Webinar - Part I 4/15/2020 Webinar - Part I 4/15/2020
- St. Paul's Community Development Corporation - Food Pantry 8:30-11:30 Monday thru Friday 456 Van Houten St., Paterson, NJ 07501
- ProLiteracy - Communications Resources
- Child Care for Essential Workers - Essential Workers who need childcare can Apply Here. Thank you for your service!
- Small Business Administration - General informatation about the Paycheck Protection Program. Apply at your financial institution beginning April 27, 2020.
- Free COVID-19 Testing for Paterson Residents - Former Barnert Hospital E. 32nd Street parking lot Telemed prescription required. Call 973-594-7977 for details.
More Resources to come
Multifaceted Non-Profit Resources
Thinking of Forming a Non-Profit? - http://www.njnonprofits.org/ThinkingOfFormingDesc.html If you are thinking of starting a non-profit organization in New Jersey this 32 page downloadable booklet from the Center for Non-Profits is a great resource. The booklet contains basic information about forming a non-profit including the various types of non-profits, the advantages and disadvantages of forming a non-profit, as well as resources to help you get started.
Center for Non-Profits - http://www.njnonprofits.org
Host of this site and page, the Center is New Jersey's state association of non-profits. Founded in 1982, the Center exists to build the power of New Jersey's non-profit community by serving as the premier voice and comprehensive resource for and about our sector. Center programs include advocacy and public education, legal and management assistance, research, and member services. Browse our web site and contact us to find out more!
Free Management Library for Non-Profits - http://www.managementhelp.org
Hosted by the Management Assistance Program for Non-Profits in St. Paul, MN. Contains an extensive collection of articles and resource links on all aspects of non-profit operations - fund raising, evaluation, human resources, communications and much more.
BoardSource (formerly National Center for Nonprofit Boards) - http://www.boardsource.org
National membership organization offering comprehensive support and training for non-profits and their boards of trustees; Web site includes useful Frequently Asked Questions area about board roles and responsibilities.
GuideStar - http://www.guidestar.org
Clearinghouse of financial and programmatic information on 600,000 501(c)(3) organizations nationwide.
Innovation Network (InnoNet) - http://www.innonet.org
Offers free online tools and guidance with planning, evaluation, data collection and more (registration required).
Internet Nonprofit Center - http://www.nonprofits.org
Large web site includes library of publications and data on finance, volunteering and charitable giving; through "The Nonprofit FAQ," provides information on a wide range of nonprofit topics.
American Philanthropy Review's CharityChannel - http://charitychannel.com
Web site hosting variety of non-profit discussion forums on fundraising, marketing, academic research, legal issues and more; also has booklists, consultant registers, events listings, job listings (career_search) and numerous links.
Nonprofit Good Practice Guide - http://www.nonprofitbasics.org/
Run by the Dorothy A. Johnson Center for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Leadership at Grand Valley State University in Michigan, this site contains clear explanations and links to external resources on many non-profit topics.
About.com - http://www.nonprofit.about.com
Non-profit section has info and links on all aspects of non-profit arena: grantwriting, job-seeking, volunteer oppts, salaries/benefits, discussion groups, etc.; continuously updated.
Fund Raising Resources
Community Development Block Grant Presentation
networkforgood.org - http://www.networkforgood.org/
E-philanthropy portal sponsored by America Online in partnership with Independent Sector and other groups; aims to facilitate on-line donations and volunteering. Has numerous links covering variety of non-profit management issues.
Grant Professionals Association - New Jersey Chapter - http://www.grantprofessionalsnj.org
The Grant Professionals Association (formerly American Association of Grant Professionals), a nonprofit membership association, builds and supports an international community of grant professionals committed to serving the greater public good by practicing the highest ethical and professional standards.
Association of Fund Raising Professionals (NJ Chapter) - http://www.afp-nj.org/
State chapter of national membership organization of fund raising professionals (consultants and development employees of charitable organizations. Activities include monthly member meetings and an annual Conference on Philanthropy. National AFP web site can be accessed at http://www.afpnet.org/ .
Job Resources for Non-Profits
IdeaList Nonprofit Career Center - https://www.idealist.org/en/?searchMode=true&type=JOB
Jobs section of comprehensive Action Without Borders web site, lists job openings nationwide and also has a wealth of links to other job-related sites around the world.
Center for Non-Profits Jobs Page - http://www.njnonprofits.org/Jobs.html
Jobs section of the Center's Web site, updated regularly. The Center will post New Jersey non-profit job openings free of charge to member organizations and for a nominal fee for other 501(c)(3) organizations. Contact the Center for additional details.
U.S. Library of Congress - http://www.loc.gov
Federal government site includes links to the White House, both houses of Congress and special section, "Thomas: Legislative Information on the Internet." Also historical information, copyright information/forms and more. U.S. Internal Revenue Service - http://www.irs.gov/.
Includes a wealth of taxpayer information, including exempt organizations section with downloadable publications and forms.
U.S. Nonprofit Gateway - https://www.usa.gov/start-nonprofit
Portal to numerous federal departments and government information of interest to non-profits.
State of New Jersey Home Page - http://www.state.nj.us
Official state site includes links to state departments/agencies, the Legislature, judiciary and much more. To access the Legislature directly including information about NJ legislators, New Jersey statutes, pending legislation and legislative calendars, go to www.njleg.state.nj.us
Grants.gov - http://www.grants.gov
Grants.gov allows organizations to electronically find and apply for more than $400 billion in Federal grants. Grants.gov is THE single access point for over 1,000 grant programs offered by all Federal grant making agencies.
State of New Jersey Grants Page - http://www.nj.gov/nj/gov/njgov/grants.html
Links to grant information from most of the major New Jersey state departments and agencies.
NJ Cosumer Affairs Charities Registration - https://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/charities/Pages/default.aspx All New Jersey Charities must register with the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs
Non-Profit News Resources
The Chronicle of Philanthropy - http://philanthropy.com
Online version of major non-profit trade publication, with news, commentary, grants, events and help-wanted listings; e-mail updates are available. Parts of site restricted to paid subscribers.
Foundation News and Commentary - https://www.cof.org/
Print magazine of the Council on Foundations, reproduced online; contains news and commentary.
NonProfit Times - http://www.nptimes.com
Online version of monthly newspaper which focuses on management and funding issues.
Philanthropy Journal - http://www.philanthropyjournal.org
GuideStar - http://www.guidestar.org
Clearinghouse of financial and programmatic information on 501(c)(3) organizations nationwide. Registration and fees required for portions of site.
National Center for Charitable Statistics - http://nccs.urban.org
National clearinghouse of data on the non-profit sector in the United States. NCCS is a program of the Center on Nonprofits and Philanthropy (CNP) at the Urban Institute.