|The Manager of The Nest will be responsible for the daily operations of the non-profit's thrift store. The Manager will be expected to deliver a dignified, meaningful, and empowering shopping experience to each client.|
Friday, 6th August 2021
Friday, 8th September 2023
|Pay Rate:||$20.00 Hourly|
Oasis is pleased to announce that we are seeking to hire a Full time Manager for our Thrift Store. The Manager of The Nest will be responsible for the daily operations of the non-profit's thrift store. The Manager will be expected to deliver a dignified, meaningful, and empowering shopping experience to each client. The incumbent will work Tuesday-Saturday from 9am-5pm.
Compensation: $20/hour plus full benefits after 30 days (medical, dental, vision, paid time off, and 403 b retirement planning).
- Oversee all operations of the thrift store including donations, inventory, pricing, sales,
and the overall customer service experience
- Manage the sorting room as well as program staff and volunteers
- Provide oversight and training to the Oasis interns
- Manage the Point of Sale system (Lightspeed), cash handling, and credit card
- Facilitate the execution of all merchandising directives
- Reporting outcomes on sales, revenue, expenses, and programmatic metrics
- Maintain and enhance relationships with volunteers, community partners, and
- Responsible for opening and closing protocols
This job description is intended to serve as a guideline to an individual’s performance in relations to responsibilities, skills, and working conditions associated with a specific job. In the interest of client care and quality improvement, an employee shall be responsible to perform other duties that are necessary as directed by their immediate supervisor that may not be specified in this job description.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Some college desirable
- a Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a retail environment, ideally in a
supervisory, managerial, or lead role
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) required
- Experience with various Point of Sale systems (ideally LightSpeed)
- Customer service oriented with strong communication skills
- Ability to manage in ambiguous situations to resolve conflict
Note: The physical requirements of this position require a great deal of standing, stretching, moving, and lifting within the store. Candidate must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Potential candidates will undergo a multi-level background check. Interested candidates are encouraged to email their letter of interest/resume to: DANDREAWEST@OASISNJ.ORG . All paid, volunteer, and intern experience should be indicated on resume.